We highly advise that you make yourself familiar with the rules and regulations before you start your research. Certain projects, such as those using humans, animals, or hazardous biological agents must receive an approval before starting their research project.
Who can compete?
Every public, charter, private or home-schooled student in grades 9-12 in attending school in NYC - Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island can compete in the Fair.
What does it cost?
The regular registration fee is $25.
Which type of projects are accepted?
TNYC STEM Fair accepts only Research and Engineering Design projects submitted by high school students. These projects involve data collection in a scientific experiment or throughout multiple iterations with an engineering design.
- All registrations and project file submissions will be done using ZFairs portal specific for TNYC.
- The teacher should register first, (follow Teacher Tab) even before student/projects. This makes it easy for us to match teachers with student registrations.
- Once your teacher is registered, student start the application process by creating a User Profile on our ZFair portal following Student tab.
- The system will create a project number for each project. KEEP THIS NUMBER and place this number on all your files moving forward.
- Complete and submit all forms that are required for your project. Each project may require different forms; make sure to read TNYC Rules and Forms guide.
- Complete your payment on ZFair main page using PayPal link. Teachers may use a different link to make payments for all of their projects at once. Schools may choose to pay with purchase orders and you may contact to our operations manager.
- Keep track of your all communications. You will be notified via email regarding application, approvals, and any updates. Therefore, it is very important to use a frequently checked email address during registration.
- If you need any help at any point, please do not hesitate to ask us: [email protected]
You complete general online training in advance. On Fair Day, your time commitment is about six hours. The fair provides coffee, lunch, on-site training, experienced team captains, and secure space for deliberations.
What do you need submit?
Teachers, students, judges, and volunteers are using the same TNYC Z-fair site to register. Please follow the Tabs specific for you.